REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 14:05:36 -0700

Tom
Yes, I think that Franktown would be a bit far to drive.

I have had some experience with stiff aileron cables. I have the 173 wings
and my kit was mistakenly shipped with cables for the standard wings. The
cables for the standard wings are a couple of inches shorter than those for
the 173 wings .I got the cables that came with kit installed and they
looked pretty good., but they were very stiff. After some confusion and
miscommunication with the factory. We figured out what the problem was, and
I replaced the cables with the correct length. I was then able to rig the
cables with very little friction. It then became clear what the problem
with the short cables was. With the short cables I had to start the bend in
the aft direction too close to the forward end of the cable. My experience
was that about the last foot of the cable, and the cable end itself, should
be as straight as possible.

Is it possible that you might have the wrong length cables?

Don

they move great (without being hooked to anything) ... as soon as they bend
and get hooked up ... it is very stiff