REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

Donald Royer reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 10:42:07 -0700

Tom
You are at Front Range right? While I haven't tested the aileron control
forces on many Velocities, I could come out and tell you how yours compares
with mine. At this point, I would probably drive out because I don't want
to fly into Front Range now because I don't have my transponder certified
yet.

Don Royer

airlerons, along with the associated control cables ... I could not believe
the force it took to move them!

> I double-checked all the rigging and counter balance and am convinced
everything was done correctly.  I even went so far as having new high-tech
cables built.  The results were the same.

> So my question to fellow builders/flyers ... is it just a Velocity
characteristic?  Are the ailerons "stiff".  Is it unrealistic to expect
them to move like a regular plane?