REFLECTOR:AILERON CONTROL FORCE

Tom Martino reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 12:35:23 -0700

Am I the only one experiencing this?  When I installed my wings and airlerons, along with the associated control cables ... I could not believe the force it took to move them!

I double-checked all the rigging and counter balance and am convinced everything was done correctly.  I even went so far as having new high-tech cables built.  The results were the same.

So my question to fellow builders/flyers ... is it just a Velocity characteristic?  Are the ailerons "stiff".  Is it unrealistic to expect them to move like a regular plane?