REFLECTOR:Punching the Ticket

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:59:19 -0500

We could say we're proud of you but that can only be a fraction of the
well-deserved satisfaction you feel.  May all you landings be smooth and
your FBO have $2.00 avgas.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Fred Marconi
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 11:12 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Wing/Canard/Fuselage Incidence

  I used the jigs provided by Velocity and measured and remeasured.

  On March 1 my bird, N244FM, took to the air for the first time.  Mike
Manary, the test pilot and Many Lewis have found the plane to fly straight.
No adjustments will need to be made to any of the flying surfaces.  The
coaching that I have received from the factory has provided me with an
airplane that flies straight, brakes as well as this type of plane should be
expected to brake, no hydraulic leaks, no sediment in the fuel tank.  The
only concerns; oil seapage from somewhere in the engine case and high engine
temperatures which is to be expected.

  Areas where I received help that may have made a difference:

  - Bonding of the center spar & sealing the fuel cells- Prudhomme
  -Preparation of the wings for primer - Prudhomme and Ruben Leon.  Ruben
had me sand my arms off and remove as much of the balloon as possible and
follow the form of the wing as set by the foam.
  -Orientation of the winglets - Prudhomme and the use of company jigs and
then measurement and remesurement.
  -Don George for a great engine- after 7 hours the oil is still clean and
no perceptible loss.

  The plane flew over 200 Kts with no flutter or bad signs. Mad Mike did
aileron rolls to left & right, wing overs, it was a joy to see it fly in the
chase plane.

  Following the factory specks and paying attention to detail paid
dividends.  Scott Baker, The Swings and everyone at the factory have been a
fenomenal support.

  There is a long list of friends to thank that have been an inspiration and
support, to name a few: Don White, Rick Jankowsky, Peter Laurence, Ricardo
Salinas, Charlie Kuss and all the guys in the North West Field at HWO, &
subscribers to the REFLECTOR.

  Fred
  N244FM