REFLECTOR:Control Cables

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:35:26 EST

-------------------------------1078356925

My Throttle and mixture cables need to be 160 inches long (standard measuring
technique).
Since my setup has the throttle & mixture control brackets on the top of the
engine, I would guess that this length is quite a bit more than a "normal"
setup.

I plan on routing the cables down the left tunnel, and exiting a little in
front of the gear bulkhead. I'll make the positioning bends behind the false
wall in the back, and the cables will come through the firewall right where they
need to be. I mocked this up with fence wire and the bends all seem tame and
within specs for the cables.

Any words of wisdom?

Thanks,  Kurt Winker
Chev 4.3L Alum V-6 173 FGE

-------------------------------1078356925

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>My Throttle and mixture cables need to be 160 inches long (standard mea=
suring technique). </DIV>
<DIV>Since my setup has the throttle &amp; mixture control brackets on the <=
STRONG>top</STRONG> of the engine, I would guess that this length is quite a=
 bit more than a "normal" setup. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I plan on routing the cables down the left tunnel, and exiting a little=
 in front of the gear bulkhead. I'll make the positioning bends behind the f=
alse wall in the back, and the cables will come through the firewall right w=
here they need to be. I mocked this up with fence wire and the bends all see=
m tame and within specs for the cables. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any words of wisdom? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,&nbsp; Kurt Winker</DIV>
<DIV>Chev 4.3L Alum V-6 173 FGE</DIV></BODY></HTML>