REFLECTOR:Bad EGT Reading

John Dibble reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 20:55:46 -0600

Jim,
I guess I need some educating/persuading.  The EGT/CHTs on my carbureted Franklin run
considerably cooler than the temps I see posted for the Lycomings.  Maybe I'm just not
operating at a high power level.  In any case the only use I can see for monitoring all
6 cylinders is to look for one that is way out of line and indicating a serious
problem.  I believe a check every 10 hours is adequate for this and my current monitor
is adequate for that.  How do you use yours?

John