REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips

Alex Balic alex157 at direcway.com
Wed Jun 30 09:34:03 CDT 2004

Yes, you can't use the can foam because it is not stable, and stays too
flexible- even the pour foam is somewhat more flexible than the blue foam-
best to make a plug with the blue as close as possible to shape and wedge in
with a big gob of micro. If you want to play Mr. Wizard, I made some pure
epoxy foam that cured very rigidly- did it by accident the first time but
was able to recreate one time for a fillet that I made- mix up some
structural, add about 10% acetone by volume, then get it really hot with a
heat gun while you are mixing- the epoxy will exotherm, and vaporize the
acetone (probably could use alcohol too I would guess) when it finally cools
off it will be a really stiff, light weight and stable foam- go ahead and
experiment with it a couple of times- it's fun.....