REFLECTOR: Filler for wingtips

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Tue Jun 29 21:21:35 CDT 2004

What is everyone using to fill canard tips, winglet tips, and lower winglets
these days?  I went by my local West Marine this morning to pick up a little
kit of polyurethane pour foam, and the only size they had cost 85 bucks!
After re-inserting my eyes in their sockets, I noticed that this kit would
produce 2 cubic feet of foam, which is a lot more than I will need.  At that
price, I could just whomp up a dry batch of Alphaepoxy/microballoon and use
that!

How about the pressurized cans of foam sealant at Home Depot?  The resilient
latex type probably isn't what we're looking for, but they may still have
the "semi-rigid polyurethane" type.  Any other good ideas?

Keith Hallsten
XLFG - installed rudders on winglets today