REFLECTOR: GEAR RETRACTION

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Jun 27 12:08:27 CDT 2004

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GEAR RETRACTION

Try a new gas spring. We change ours annually. Ask Velocity for the highest
pressure model.

For easy installation carefully compress in a bench vise or large C clamp,
tie is with heavy safety wire, install then cut the wire.

Mack

Mack;

The gas spring is very important to get the over-center linkage to go
"over-center".  But it does not affect gear door closure.

 The gas springs will lose pressure in storage

No doubt about that.  Mine's been dead for about three years, and I haven't
flown yet.

Al