REFLECTOR: MORE GEAR RETRACTION

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sat Jun 26 23:22:17 CDT 2004

Got the over-center lock problem worked out ... It was the locking bar
binding a bit.

But then I noticed something else that escaped my attention the first
several times I retracted the gear (I guess I was so excited I did not
examine the nose gear doors).

The doors do not close!

I double-checked the plumbing - and all is well.

Here's the scoop:

When I raise the gear ... the nose comes up followed by the mains, then
they all lock ... the pump turns off and the nose gear doors just hang
there

I can push the doors closed but they don't stay.

When I drop the gear ... the nose wheel piston shoots downward with good
pressure and holds it, keeping the doors open.

Any ideas?