REFLECTOR: Re: Securing Wires

Joe jewen at comporium.net
Fri Jun 25 22:17:07 CDT 2004

Al,
I would be concerned that it would not bond well enough to the wire
insulation.  Hot glue is basically a LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene) and
LDPE does not bond with Teflon which is the base material for AC wire
insulation.  On extrusion coating equipment, Teflon tape is used to cover
processing rolls that may come in contact with the hot LDPE to prevent it
from sticking.  Hot glue may be good to hold a wire in place during
construction, but I would not rely on it to mechanically fasten.
Joe