REFLECTOR: Securing Wires

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 15:45:33 CDT 2004

I agree with Ronnie on the double crimp and I also suggest
that you use AMP PIDG terminals since they have a second
copper tube that extends behind the terminal crimp area.
This tube crimps into the wire insulation and holds it
firmly which the common terminals with plain plastic tubes
don't.

The $100 crimper's do both crimps at the same time and more
importantly will not release until the proper crimping
pressure is achieved thus giving consistent terminal
attachment.  I highly doubt that you can achieve the high
pressures with the "cheap automotive crimper" however they
do work in most cases.

Jim