REFLECTOR: Toe Brakes

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Fri Jun 25 00:47:11 CDT 2004

Alex,

You are exactly correct on this - the pedal interconnect is independent and
optional.  I talked about it with Scott Baker at the Golden West Fly-in last
weekend, and poked at the XL-5 demonstrator's toe brake system.  So if you
want to keep the "mini speed brake" feature, you can easily do that and
still have the brakes independent of the rudders.

Keith Hallsten
XLFG, hinging rudders to winglets