REFLECTOR: Re: Toe Brakes

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jun 23 15:37:29 CDT 2004

How about a steerable nosewheel?
I drew up plans for a hydraulically steered wheel that would interface to
two two-stage master brake cylinders.  It would allow full castoring when
the brakes are not applied.  It would move the positon of the wheel relative
to the displacement of the rudder pedals.

One of these days when I have absolutely nothing to do, I might get around
to working on it.
I designed it to retrofit to the existing nose wheel strut.  It would be
easier for the retract guys than it would for the fixed gear guys.  It may
require some extra fairing.