REFLECTOR: Success!!

Tstockmn at aol.com Tstockmn at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 23:26:01 CDT 2004

 I had the pleasure of being at the airport in Mojave on the ramp during the launch and recovery.   It was a religious experience.  Not only did it go like clockwork, but they made it look easy--some said "longEZ".

The best part was as the spaceship got down to about 5-10,000 feet the chase planes closed in and they did a modified pattern in a 5-ship formation.   One of the chase planes was a Beech Starship--which made it even better.   After the spaceship landed, the mothership then did a fly-by down the runway and then a sharp pull up over the crowd.   Hollywood could not have done it better.

There were quite a few visitors there to include the governor (Arnold) and a bunch of celebrities.   On the ramp was an Adam's 500 twin (labeled experimental) and Paul Allen's Global Express Jet.  I got to meet the pilot and got to take a quick look in the cockpit--not a bad ride for only $48M.

Bill S.
Velocity 173FG