REFLECTOR: Engine Selection

J.P. Brooks jp211 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 20:55:03 CDT 2004

At 06:38 PM 6/16/2004, you wrote:
>JP,
>
>To be very honest,    If you had flown the DH out to my airport... and
>could actually get off the Ground safely in the middle of summer... fully
>loaded... I would have put down my money on it!  Since that was not an
>option when i had to pick an engine... I did the next best thing:  I built
>a 325 HP Aluminum V-6 that weighs the same as an IO-360 complete. I had
>fewer obstacles to go through than you folks did.. and I admire your
>conviction, determination, and knowledge.

I admire anyone who works toward your ends....  great work and great
effort.  Someone will be there someday.... we have seen great results from
our efforts.  My hat is off to you and your team if one is there with
you.  Stay the course.  Your engine is to be admired and your efforts
commended.

>While I still do not believe your product would carry a 173 FGE out of my
>airport safely, I do believe it is a worthwhile consideration for the
>majority of V-builders. All you have to do is convince them.. and I
>believe that you just might.

If we fly out to you and fly full gross weight what would you say the T/O
roll would be?....  just curious.
Would an eye witness account of this help to enlighten those who doubt?....
sure it would.   First I am able I will appear on a hot day, full gross
(your choice of weight, sand and all) let you measure the T/O roll and let
you publish the results.......   fair enough?..... okay then... I welcome
the opportunity.

>Again... not all products fit all builders... but you are doing an
>admirable job.... Keep up the good work.

You are making your own way and again, keep going.  My prayers are with you.

>Kurt Winker
>E-98

JP,
Where do you live and phone number?