REFLECTOR: Engine Selection

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 20:38:18 CDT 2004

JP,

To be very honest,    If you had flown the DH out to my airport... and could
actually get off the Ground safely in the middle of summer... fully loaded...
I would have put down my money on it!  Since that was not an option when i had
to pick an engine... I did the next best thing:  I built a 325 HP Aluminum
V-6 that weighs the same as an IO-360 complete. I had fewer obstacles to go
through than you folks did.. and I admire your conviction, determination, and
knowledge.

While I still do not believe your product would carry a 173 FGE out of my
airport safely, I do believe it is a worthwhile consideration for the majority of
V-builders. All you have to do is convince them.. and I believe that you just
might.

Again... not all products fit all builders... but you are doing an admirable
job.... Keep up the good work.

Kurt Winker
E-98