REFLECTOR: Elevator/fuselage gap

Paula & John Schoorl pjschoorl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 16 18:44:28 CDT 2004

Does anyone have some pictures and/or suggestions about how they shaped
their elevators next to the fuselage?  Craig and I trimmed our elevators
square where they bolt to the concentric torque tube.  When we installed
them on the canard and onto the airplane, we were left with about a 2-3" gap
between the elevator and the fuselage at the elevator leading edge.  This
gap decreased down to interference at the trailing edge which required some
filing on the elevators.
We are wondering if anyone is filling this gap or has any other
pleasing-to-the-eye suggestions.

Thanks,
John Schoorl
XLFG