REFLECTOR:N32XL

Dave Black dvblack at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 12:46:33 CDT 2004

Dave,

> The only thing that bothered me today was the poor aileron trim control.
< In fact it stinks.  I will be putting on a MAC for sure in the near future
> with a position read out as well.

The Factory Aileron trim (slip string) control has often been cited as a
problem area. In many cases, it'll slip and re-trim whenever you make a steep
banking maneuver.

I have built a control based on the MAC servo. It functions beautifully. But
many who are flying report that they rarely or never need to re-trim the
ailerons. Thus, you might want to make the trim ground adjustable. It'll stop
the slipping. If you find you do need in-flight adjustable aileron trim, you
can always add that later.

Dave Black
Shortwing RG