REFLECTOR:Old Standard Velocity Fuel Strakes.

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sat Jun 12 10:27:14 CDT 2004

Ronnie, Greg, Alex, Richard,

I am not a stranger to working with glass and epoxy. I have friends that have built
EZs and Cozys along with the current owner of the AeroCad, Inc. factory (Same design
as a Cozy IV) who all are willing to help.

I did not mean for it to sound haphazard, Greg. I meant that I would do my best to get
a proper repair. If it was not air tight, then I did not have a problem at that time,
completely removing the Strake and starting over from scratch. I do not do anything
unless it I give it 100% and I always do it right. (Learned a long time ago, doing it
right the first time saves a lot of time in the long run.)

As for the Jeffco, since I cannot get to every area of the open Strake and the Strake
on other side is completely sealed, I was going to just stick to EZ-poxy. My plan is
for a 100LL only aircraft with a Lycoming TIO-360. Like a good friend once said. "How
Experimental do you want to get." when referring to using a non aviation powerplant on
a experimental aircraft. I figure I will go with a proven aviation powerplant and an
experiment airframe. :o)

Richard