REFLECTOR:Old Standard Velocity Fuel Strakes.

Richard J. Gentil reflector@tvbf.org
Wed Jun 9 18:39:40 CDT 2004

Hey Gang,

I am new to the Reflector. I recently purchased Travis Young's Project.
He had a Standard Velocity RG that he converted to the Elite Doors. So
what I have is the old style Fuel Strakes with the Elite Doors. (I do
like that there is extra room for the door arm rest.)

One thing Travis did was he cut badly into the left Fuel Strake with a
hacksaw, in order to get the fuselage to fit into a self storage unit.
(I do have pictures, but I did not know what the policy was for
including attachments in Reflector Emails.) I have to decide whether to
repair the damage or just put on a new Strake.

My question is, does the old style Strakes vs the new style Strakes make
any difference in fuel capacity and cruise speed? (Since if I was going
to start over on the one side, I could also do the other side so they
are the new style Strakes.)

Thanx,

Richard