REFLECTOR:The DM is the Oracle again

reflector at tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Wed Jun 9 15:48:12 CDT 2004

-------------------------------1086792492

In a message dated 6/8/2004 3:39:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
robajohnson@comcast.net writes:
I was flying the Warrior this weekend.  The plane had been flown before I
> got it and the engine was warm.  It was about 85 degrees outside.  I hit the
> key to start it and it was turning, but it wasn't firing.  I had never heard
> of your reverse throttle and mixture trick, but you are the Guru, so I
> flipped them over.  Bang, it fired right away.  I quick flipped them back,
> it sputtered for a sec, and went into a nice idle.
If the Warrior is carburated (as most were) it will not benefit from a "hot
start fuel injected procedure."  The reason the Warrior started is due to the
accelerator pump pumping a small amount of fuel into the induction when the
throttle was advanced.  Only move the throttle on a carburated engine when the
crank is turning to prevent the aircraft from buring to the ground.

TEC

-------------------------------1086792492

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 6/8/2004 3:39:51 PM Pacific Standard Time, robajohns=
on@comcast.net writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial>I was flying the Warrior this weekend.&nbsp; T=
he plane had been flown before I<BR>&gt; got it and the engine was warm.&nbs=
p; It was about 85 degrees outside.&nbsp; I hit the<BR>&gt; key to start it=20=
and it was turning, but it wasn't firing.&nbsp; I had never heard<BR>&gt; of=
 your reverse throttle and mixture trick, but you are the Guru, so I<BR>&gt;=
 flipped them over.&nbsp; Bang, it fired right away.&nbsp; I quick flipped t=
hem back,<BR>&gt; it sputtered for a sec, and went into a nice idle.</FONT><=
/BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>If the Warrior is carburated (as most were)&nbsp;it will not benefit fr=
om a "hot start fuel injected procedure."&nbsp; The reason the Warrior start=
ed is due to the accelerator pump pumping a small amount of fuel into the in=
duction when the throttle was advanced.&nbsp; Only move the throttle on a ca=
rburated engine when the crank is turning&nbsp;to prevent the aircraft from=20=
buring to the ground.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>TEC&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>