REFLECTOR:The DM is the Oracle again

Andy Millin reflector@tvbf.org
Tue Jun 8 17:27:26 CDT 2004

Hey Rob, Thanks...

I was flying the Warrior this weekend.  The plane had been flown before I
got it and the engine was warm.  It was about 85 degrees outside.  I hit the
key to start it and it was turning, but it wasn't firing.  I had never heard
of your reverse throttle and mixture trick, but you are the Guru, so I
flipped them over.  Bang, it fired right away.  I quick flipped them back,
it sputtered for a sec, and went into a nice idle.

It did the same thing when we got back in to come home.  Nice little piece
of experience to put in my bag.

Rob ... you da man!

Thanks,

Andy