REFLECTOR:N32XL

Ronnie Brown reflector@tvbf.org
Tue Jun 8 13:41:22 CDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C44D34.60C3CF60

Welcome aboard Dave!

If the elevator cuffs are still installed, I recommend you remove them.  =
This will improve the slow speed lift of the canard/elevator and allow =
easier/smoother let down of the nose after landing. =20

What is your touch down speed?  I haven't found my Velocity that hard to =
land - 173 Elite - same wings as yours with VG's and no elevator cuff.  =
No worse than the Bonanza A36 that I used for complex training.  Only =
difference is you put the Velocity on the runway without stalling the =
wings. And of course, it uses a longer runway than the Bonanza, but =
otherwise no problem. =20

=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Dent=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 05, 2004 6:16 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:N32XL

  Dear Brian

  My name is Dave Dent.  My story was in the last Velocity Views.  I =
bought Leon Howe's XL/RG from Australia.  I have been flying it for =
awhile now and I would like to start participating with those that have =
been flying these beautiful birds for some time. =20
  I have encountered a number of problems I have worked through and now =
have encountered the bad landing characteristic problems. I called John =
and Mary Wright last night and had a wonderful time talking to them. =
They suggested that I write you and see if I could join the Reflector.
  =20
  My back ground is 45 years in aviation.  Com.Pilot,Inst.ME and A/P-IA. =
 Started flying in 1963 and have just over 4000 something hours.  I have =
over 1400 hours flying canard type planes.  I worked with NASA from 1993 =
to 2000 dealing with remote piloted high altitude aircraft design and =
testing out of Edwards AFB.  Built a number of planes and test flown a =
few as well.=20

  We have two other planes as well. That is my partner and I, A long EZ =
with just under 1400 hrs and a Cozy IV with right round 350hrs.  Both =
are now up for sale because of the purchase of the Velocity.  I have =
been flying the EZ around to different places to put adds up and show =
and tell and rides trying to sell it.  Right now there are a few =
interested in it.  But no money.  Hope to sell them this summer.

  I will be bringing my Velocity N32XL to Marysville on the 18th and =
show it with the others.=20

  The one big thing I would like to find out is what has been other then =
the vortex generators and fences to relieve the slow speed landing =
problem?  I can't remember ever flying a plane that was so hard to put =
down on the ground, when it flys so great in the air. =20
  I have the nose gear problem solved. But there is more work needed =
there.  It isn't over yet. =20

  Your consideration in letting me join would be greatly appreciated.=20
  Dave Dent
  373 Ann CT=20
  Livermore, CA 94550
  I am based out of Livermore CA  (LVK)
  H-925-447-8055
  C-925-337-0115

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C44D34.60C3CF60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Welcome aboard Dave!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>If the elevator cuffs are still installed, I=20
recommend&nbsp;you remove them.&nbsp; This will improve the slow speed =
lift of=20
the canard/elevator and allow easier/smoother let down of the nose after =

landing.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>What is your touch down speed?&nbsp; I haven't found =
my=20
Velocity that hard to land - 173 Elite - same wings as yours with VG's =
and no=20
elevator cuff.&nbsp; No worse than the Bonanza A36 that I used for =
complex=20
training.&nbsp; Only difference is you put the Velocity on the=20
runway&nbsp;without stalling the wings.&nbsp;And of course, it uses a =
longer=20
runway than the Bonanza, but otherwise no problem.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Ddavedent@comcast.net =
href=3D"mailto:davedent@comcast.net">Dave Dent</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, June 05, 2004 =
6:16=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:N32XL</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>Dear Brian</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>My name is Dave Dent.&nbsp; My story was in the =
last=20
  Velocity Views.&nbsp; I bought Leon Howe's XL/RG from Australia.&nbsp; =
I have=20
  been flying it for awhile now and I would like to start participating =
with=20
  those that have been flying these beautiful birds for some time.&nbsp; =

  </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>I have encountered a number of problems I have worked through and =
now=20
  have encountered the bad landing characteristic problems. I called =
John and=20
  Mary Wright last night and had a wonderful time talking to them. They=20
  suggested that I write you and see if I could join the =
Reflector.</DIV>
  <DIV> </DIV>
  <DIV>My back ground is 45 years in aviation.&nbsp; Com.Pilot,Inst.ME =
and=20
  A/P-IA.&nbsp; Started flying in 1963 and have just over 4000 something =

  hours.&nbsp; I have over 1400 hours flying canard type planes.&nbsp; I =
worked=20
  with NASA from 1993 to 2000 dealing with remote piloted high altitude =
aircraft=20
  design and testing out of Edwards AFB.&nbsp; Built a number of planes =
and test=20
  flown a few as well. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>We have two other planes as well. That is my partner and I, A =
long EZ=20
  with just under 1400 hrs and a Cozy IV with right round 350hrs.&nbsp; =
Both are=20
  now up for sale because of the purchase of the Velocity.&nbsp; I have =
been=20
  flying the EZ around to different places to put adds up and show and =
tell and=20
  rides trying to sell it.&nbsp; Right now there are a few interested in =

  it.&nbsp; But no money.&nbsp; Hope to sell them this summer.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I will be bringing my Velocity N32XL to Marysville on the 18th =
and show=20
  it with the others.&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The one big thing I would like to find out is what has been other =
then=20
  the vortex generators and fences to relieve the slow speed landing=20
  problem?&nbsp; I can't remember ever flying a plane that was so hard =
to put=20
  down on the ground, when it flys so great in the air.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>I have the nose gear problem solved. But there is more work =
needed=20
  there.&nbsp; It isn't over yet.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>Your consideration in letting me join would be =
greatly=20
  appreciated. </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Dave Dent</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>373 Ann CT </FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Livermore, CA 94550</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D4>I am based out of Livermore CA&nbsp; =
(LVK)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>
  <DIV>H-925-447-8055</DIV>
  <DIV>C-925-337-0115</DIV></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C44D34.60C3CF60--