REFLECTOR:Fuel Probes

Fred Marconi reflector@tvbf.org
Tue Jun 8 01:46:49 CDT 2004

>From what I experienced, the fuel probes MUST be fitted before you close =

two layer of fine bid.  My calibrations are working out just fine.

Fred.
N244FM
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 9:09 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Fuel Probes

  Can fuel level sensors be easily added to a completed tank or must =
they be fitted prior to closing the strake.
  Thanks,
  Joe
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C44CD0.8E697140

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Joe:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>From what I experienced, the fuel probes MUST be =
fitted before=20
you close the strakes.&nbsp; NOW once fitted you can insert them back =
in, but=20
you must work everything so they fit just right.&nbsp; This would be my =
advise=20
to you.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>What I did is mark the spot of the upper strake and =
make sure=20
that the top vent of the probe came out at the upper most limit.&nbsp; I =
also=20
made a very small divot where the probe ended.&nbsp; I used a 18 inch=20
length.&nbsp; I tightened the probe for a trial to make sure that the =
torque=20
value brought me 1 or 2 mm into the divot.&nbsp; My whole approach to =
this was=20
to make sure I got a full reading.&nbsp; My readings are pretty =
accurate.&nbsp;=20
Also when I did my calibration I did it by taking measurements at every =
2=20
gallons of fuel that I added.&nbsp; You have to rig things so that when =
you add=20
fuel to one tank it does not run to the next.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>There is an argument that the divot will collect =
water.&nbsp;=20
Well I have not had that problem and I already have 55 hours.&nbsp; That =
small=20
indentation into the strake just with taxi will shake any water right =
out if=20
that is a concern.&nbsp; I made a hole the size of a quarter, beveled it =
and=20
place two layer of fine bid.&nbsp; My calibrations are working out just=20
fine.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Fred.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>N244FM</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Djewen@comporium.net =
href=3D"mailto:jewen@comporium.net">Joe</A> </DIV>
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 06, 2004 =
9:09=20
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:Fuel =
Probes</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Can fuel level sensors be easily =
added to a=20
  completed tank or must they be fitted prior to closing the=20
strake.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Joe</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C44CD0.8E697140--