REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!

Phil Hooper reflector@tvbf.org
Fri Jun 4 22:49:59 CDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C44A43.390771F0

Since there may be at least one insurance company "lurker" on Reflector =
suggest we end all these confessions with the following disclaimer:
=20
Hey, I was just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=20
P.S.  A hearty congrats to my wonderful friend, Paul Calhoun for your =
engine
start.  Don't go into postpartum blues now.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] On =
Behalf
Of SlvEgl99@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 1:52 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!

The one I remember best, out of many small goof's, was when I was =
cutting
out the side of the cabin to form the small baggage areas in the strakes =
of
my XL. I managed to cut out a hole large enough for a Mack truck to =
drive
through, cutting nearly back to the spar and about 12" high.  I was =
building
at the Velocity Service Center, and Scott Swing had a bit of advice =
about
the dimensions of the hole I should be cutting. He also told me how to =
fix
it.=20
=20
Another was to fail to rebalance the elevators after painting. Resulted =
in a
bit of adrenalin rush on a couple of occasions when I experienced =
elevator
flutter, but I reported on that in a previous posting.
=20
Another?  Well, I was moving my plane backwards in the Service Center, =
which
is always crowded. Somehow forgot to look at pilot side canard tip; =
pushed
it into a large, heavy toolbox which then turned over spilling tools, =
files,
hoses, bolts, etc, etc all over the place. And made the first "hangar =
rash"
on my plane. Again, I was lucky as it was still in primer.
=20
How about losing a bolt out of the axle stub that is supposed to hold =
the
wheel pants on. Sure does result in yaw and other unexpected flight
sensations during approach as the fairing shifts one way and then the =
other.
I was able to observe it through the small strake windows. Does keep one
oriented on the approach.
=20
Bob Wood
658SE
XL FG
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C44A43.390771F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff">
<DIV><SPAN class=3D968134521-04062004><FONT size=3D3>Since there may be =
at=20
least&nbsp;one insurance company "lurker" on Reflector I suggest we end =
all=20
these confessions with the following disclaimer:</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D968134521-04062004><FONT =
size=3D3></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D968134521-04062004><FONT size=3D3>Hey, I was just=20
kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D968134521-04062004><FONT =
size=3D3></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D968134521-04062004><FONT size=3D3>P.S.&nbsp; A hearty =
congrats to=20
my wonderful friend, Paul Calhoun for your engine start.&nbsp; Don't go =
into=20
postpartum blues now.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr style=3D"MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr =
align=3Dleft><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org] <B>On =
Behalf Of=20
  </B>SlvEgl99@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, June 04, 2004 1:52=20
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re:=20
  REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>The one I remember best, out of many small goof's, was when I was =
cutting=20
  out the side of the cabin to form the small baggage areas in the =
strakes of my=20
  XL. I managed to cut out a hole large enough for a Mack truck to drive =

  through, cutting nearly back to the spar and about 12" high.&nbsp; I =
was=20
  building at the Velocity Service Center, and Scott Swing had a bit of =
advice=20
  about the dimensions of the hole I should be cutting. He also told me =
how to=20
  fix it. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Another was to fail to rebalance the elevators after painting. =
Resulted=20
  in a bit of adrenalin rush on a couple of occasions when I experienced =

  elevator flutter, but I reported on that in a previous posting.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Another?&nbsp; Well, I was moving my plane backwards in the =
Service=20
  Center, which is always crowded. Somehow forgot to look at pilot side =
canard=20
  tip; pushed it into a large, heavy toolbox which then turned over =
spilling=20
  tools, files, hoses, bolts, etc, etc all over the place. And made the =
first=20
  "hangar rash" on my plane. Again, I was lucky as it was still in =
primer.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>How about losing a bolt out of the axle stub that is supposed to =
hold the=20
  wheel pants on. Sure does result in yaw and other unexpected=20
  flight&nbsp;sensations during approach as the fairing shifts one way =
and then=20
  the other. I was able to observe it through the small strake windows. =
Does=20
  keep one oriented on the approach.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Bob Wood</DIV>
  <DIV>658SE</DIV>
  <DIV>XL FG</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C44A43.390771F0--