REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Fri Jun 4 14:08:19 CDT 2004

I was working on my plane and needed a long flat bladed screw driver.  My
favorite wood handled square shanked one had been missing for over a
month.  I'm in a  large hanger  with 8 other airplanes and us who work on
our planes share our tools. Only rule is when your done for the day or the
job, which ever comes first, the tools go back to the owners box.  I
silently cussed who ever had my screwdriver and got out my old beat up
plastic handled job....

A week later the same thing happened, need for a good flat bladed screw
driver,  best tool was missing, silently saying a few choice words about
the looser that misplaced my screwdriver.

   Later in the day I decided to finally reset my idle speed on the servo
as it has been high since I installed the EI.  I removed the lower cowling
and tried to adjust it but just couldn't get at the set screw.  Decided I'd
try from the top so removed the top cowling,  whow!!  There my driver was,
laying between #1 & #3 cylinders, a nice fin pattern wore into the handle
as it vibrated and bounced on top of the cylinders.  Luckily no damage to
the push rod tubes, injector lines,  spark plug wires. etc..  That screw
driver had been flying unattached for almost two months, and never bounced
out into the invincible Catto.!  It was just small enough that you couldn't
see it looking into the rear cowl opening.

And now I finally found out who that looser was who had miss-placed my
driver!!!

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin