REFLECTOR:Confession Week!!!

reflector at tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri Jun 4 06:47:38 CDT 2004

-------------------------------1086328058

I was leaving on a long trip and anxious to get going. I had a void time
clearance out of my airport.  When I tried to start the plane (a Grumman  Tiger )
it would not turn over because of a dead battery.  I was frustrated  because
I couldnt get it started and I was missing my clearance.  I thought  I could
push it back into the hanger and get it started with a jump battery. I  hopped
out of the plane went around to the front and started to push the plane
backwards into the hanger by  pushing on the prop. Without warning the  engine
started.  Scared me half to death, but didnt hit me.  Gods  Grace!   but now the
plane started moving forward and I had to jump  out of the way to keep from
being chopped up. I got out of the way and clear of  the wing but the plane kept
going right towards three other parked planes on the  ramp So now Im chasing
the plane tryning to catch up to it to jump into it to  get it stop before it
hits another plane. I catch up to it jump on the wing walk  climb into the
plane and hit he brakes stopping just a few feet from another  plane.  Woa.  I was
shookup and hadnt even noticed the prop had  actually hit the back of my hand
just skinning it slightly.  Then I was  really shookup. Looking down at the
mag switch guess what I had left on  when i got out of the plane.  I dont think
I had moved the prop more than  an inch before it started.

-------------------------------1086328058

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>I was leaving on a long trip and anxious to get going. I had a void tim=
e=20
clearance out of my airport.&nbsp; When I tried to start the plane (a Grumma=
n=20
Tiger ) it would not turn over because of a dead battery.&nbsp; I was frustr=
ated=20
because I couldnt get it started and I was missing my clearance.&nbsp; I tho=
ught=20
I could push it back into the hanger and get it started with a jump battery.=
 I=20
hopped out of the plane went around to the front and started to push the pla=
ne=20
backwards into the hanger by&nbsp; pushing on the prop. Without warning the=20
engine started.&nbsp; Scared me half to death, but didnt hit me.&nbsp; Gods=20
Grace!&nbsp;&nbsp; but now the plane started moving forward and I had to jum=
p=20
out of the way to keep from being chopped up. I got out of the way and clear=
 of=20
the wing but the plane kept going right towards three other parked planes on=
 the=20
ramp So now Im chasing the plane tryning to catch up to it to jump into it t=
o=20
get it stop before it hits another plane. I catch up to it jump on the wing=20=
walk=20
climb into the plane and hit the brakes stopping just a few feet from anothe=
r=20
plane.&nbsp; Woa.&nbsp;&nbsp;I was shookup and hadnt even noticed the prop h=
ad=20
actually hit the back of my hand just skinning it slightly.&nbsp; Then I was=
=20
really shookup.&nbsp;Looking down at the mag switch guess what I had left on=
=20
when i got out of the plane.&nbsp; I dont think I had moved the prop more th=
an=20
an inch before it started.</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>