REFLECTOR: Flight plan code for Veocity

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 10:08:51 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/21/2004 7:34:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
michalk at awpi.com writes:
I have a controller friend, who doesn't really like small
airplanes getting into his airspace.  He has lots of complaints about us,
but mostly from what I can gather, it's the inexperience/professionalism
that gets under his skin.
It's HIS JOB and not HIS AIRSPACE, it ours; we pay his salary.  If he doesn't
like it, chose another carrier.  Do they hold a gun to his head?  Or maybe
it's because it may require a little extra brain power or extra effort now and
then to "help" the occasional nonprofessional pilot which he is not willing to
do.  I have been inbound in "D" space, (that's not equipment suffix, it's
airspace lingo) and listened to a few controllers in my 33 years of flying that
were having a bad day, and jumping all over small guys without just cause.  When
I get down, I call the controlling facility and "professionally" (the key
here) let the supervisor know about it.  This is B.S. guys, were not FLAPS and it
is not a "privilege" to expect professional service, it's there job. Don't
lay down for this.  Rest in peace Ronald Reagan.

No offense intended Kurt.

TEC