REFLECTOR: Flight plan code for Veocity

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 01:00:57 CDT 2004

Mel ( and all)

The FAA designator for any Velocity for flight planning/flight following purposes is "VELO" and then your equipment suffix. If you chose to be a little more generic, you can use "HXB" and then the equipment suffix (since indicated cruise speed is between 100-200 KIAS).

When I provide flight following in our low altitude airspace, I always ask what type an experimental is. Just curious I guess, and I like to know what Im working with.

You can always add anything you want to the remarks of a flight plan. Keep in mind, that a VFR flight plan (filed with Flight Service) does NOT share that information with radar facilities. If you file an IFR flight plan, the information does go to all associated control facilities.

I was bummed yesterday when I talked to a velocity on hos way to OSH. I'll be in the hangar while all you fly in people are having fun :)

Kurt Winker
Albuquerque ARTCC