REFLECTOR: new electronic ign.

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 08:57:26 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/17/2004 11:11:17 AM Pacific Standard Time,
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com writes:
I want to keep my IO-540-D "certified" (sort of) so it will be easier to
sell when a better engine alternative presents itself.
This may not be true.  The buyer for your engine will be probably be
utilizing it in some sort of home built, if not, the market is big enough to find some
one that will.  Most home built engines are not in a configuration to be
considered "certified" any more anyway.  The only reason to have a "certified"
engine in a home built is to maybe reduce the test period from 40 to 20 hours.
In my opinion, 40 hrs is really needed to do a true flight test program on a
home built to get real numbers.  I know that many home built guys have signed
off the phase one and never flew at full gross, they cut corners and are putting
them self's, and famil/friends at risk.  Maybe cutting corners is fine if you
have built several of the same model, but I only built one.

TEC