REFLECTOR: V-SPEEDS

jack davis n767sd at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 18 18:28:56 CDT 2004

Hi Ronnie,

Actually, if you talk to the factory they will tell you that the Va speed was arbitrarily chosen and has nothing to do with structural issues of the control surfaces.  Although I would agree with you that it is somewhat smoother at 140 knots than 170 knots when in turbulence, it really isn't bad at all in a Velocity.  I've done it many times while flying IFR.  My green arc goes from 65 to 180.

Happy flying . . .

Jack