REFLECTOR: Turbine Velocity

Greg Poole gpoole at zeta.org.au
Wed Jul 14 16:52:54 CDT 2004

...seeing I'm on a curiousity roll.....did anybody ever see or know anything
more about  the turbine XL in the attached email that crashed in California
resulting in the owner/pilot fatality? (- see attached).

I'd just like to know a little more about the former flying characteristics
of that plane given its' unusual powerplant (for a canard). I was also very
interested in some more details about the accident - from the photo the
fuselage looks unbelievably intact and I am surprised the wings are still on
the plane given someone died in it. These questions have been bugging me
since I learnt of the accident.

Greg
(bloody curious Australian!)