REFLECTOR: Speed Brake

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 15:48:41 CDT 2004

In a message dated 7/14/2004 1:30:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
michalk at awpi.com writes:
You and I will have to get our airplanes together and have a technology
competition.

Oh yeah??  Mine has voice recognition.
Oh yeah??  Well, mine has wireless internet.
As Scotty said, "The more plumbing there is, the easier it is to stop up" or
something like that.  I once heard that a F-18 only flies about 4 hrs before
something in it's complex system goes down and puts it out of the fight, or
requires many hours of maintenance work before return to flight 100%.

Back to speed brakes, I have noticed that the roll rate is slowed and more
rudder is needed to roll out with the brake deployed.  I don't lower it until I
am established on final.

TEC