REFLECTOR: N21HV - A bridge too far?

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Jul 12 17:33:52 CDT 2004

Hiroo,

I understand how you feel, I bought a project that was nowhere near
complete. The previous owner had made a lot of modifications and tried
to re-engineer the plane. That was part of his downfall, he spent way
too much time trying to re-engineer. (He was about six months away when
he took two years off of work to complete it. Well he spent so much time
re-engineering that after the two years he was still six months away
from completion.)

My job is interesting, since I have to:

1) Verify the work he did.

2) The project is so old, I need to find out what needs to be replaced
or upgraded (i.e. Nose Fork, Main Over Center Linkage, etc.)

3) Try to figure out what he was thinking on parts he was trying to
re-engineer. (Most of which I am bringing back to the way Velocity
intended.)

4) Get up to speed on the building of a Velocity.

Lately I have been fixing things he did to get them back to Velocity's
Specs, and I am updating superseded parts. It feels like no progress is
being made at this part since all the work is replacing things that were
already there. Even though we are making progress, it feels like nothing
is advancing.

Do tell us about your project a little. What powerplant are you using?
Which model are you building? What systems have you worried?

I know the people in this group should be able to help greatly. I know
they have done wonders for me!

All the best,

Richard