REFLECTOR: Props and runway surfaces (was XLRG on grass)

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jul 12 15:52:12 CDT 2004

Wow, I could never get away with a 3500 ft DA limit, considering my field
elevation is 6500 and DA is closer to 9000 in the summer, exceeds 10,000
in the afternoon on hot days.

I figured my CG box and came up with 440 lbs in the front. I've done 465
with a buddy of mine who weighs in at 280 at times.

Took off one day from Alamosa CO with him, elevation is 7600, DA was
11,000+, man you talk about loving that runway, I sure got my monies
worth!  Scared the ever loving crap out me!

On long trips my wife likes to ride in the back seat so she can move
around, with full fuel, all our bags, were about 100 under gross.  But
with her 125 lbs in the back makes it much easier to get the nose up.

Scott