REFLECTOR: Spam can Velocity

Dale Alexander Dalexan48 at dslextreme.com
Fri Jul 9 19:14:33 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Been reading the latest AOPA and other mags. Quite disapointed that best
that GA can do with current(?) technology is $200K for 140 knots. I
rememeber the AOPA show at Reid-Hillview many years ago and all the ballyhoo
with Cessna producing aircraft again after liability laws had been changed
to protect its 20 year old junk 40 years out. I was eagerly awaiting a view
of the top of the line NEW 182. What I saw was a joke. The only real change
in the plane was the use of gauges for those owners that I would
euphemistcally call "myoptically challenged". Big f'ing deal. I continue to
think that the best thing Cessna could have done was to outright purchase
Glastar and call it good to go.

Now, the reason for this post. A little backwards engineering for those
bored enginners building Velocities (and we have a few of them, you know who
you are ;<). If a company (like Cessna...ha.ha.ha) decided that hey! The
Velocity is just tearing up the 4 place experimental show, we gotta get a
piece of that action. If a Velocity were built from aluminum, what do you
think the weight and performance would be? Let's be nice and use flush
rivots everywhere. Maybe Cessna will find the page in the Aircraft Spruce
catalog that offers them.

Dale Alexander
173 Stealth Gullwing
50% done, probably finished in my third lifetime...