REFLECTOR: Props and runway surfaces (was XLRG on grass)

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 20:57:28 CDT 2004

That's a good idea.  I will be doing some gross weight take off and rotations at a given speed.  As the owners manual says.  With spotters on the runway.  Time to climb gross weight at a given speed to a given altitude.  Then max speed with best power at a given altitude.  Like 9500 feet.  This is the normal cruise altitude I use, without going on O2.  Will need temperature and pressures as well.  Catto may ask for more.  Will check with him. If anyone has the data now, you can send it to me.
Will need to take some data points at 4500-6500 etc.  Mark MP and RPM with the fixed pitch and with the CS the same MP/RPM against true airspeed.  Just got that from Creag.  He is really excited about doing it.
He just finished modifying one of the blades for the E-Racer.  They are looking for 315mph in the race.  Let's all wish him the best in this.  It will be a real show for Catto's  prop.  Creag just bought the wood for my prop today.  He had to buy bigger planks for it. So we are on a roll guys.
Dave
I won't be able to do any test till next week with my bird.  I have the left wing off today to paint the bottom.  Damage during shipment from Australia.  No big hurry, Creag will be gone for the next three weeks.
Dave