REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:26:13 -0500

will.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of jack davis
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:08 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

I have done exactly this (i.e., fabricated a flapper valve that directs all
incoming air into the cabin).  You get very good heat when the engine is
running at 65% power or above and when the outside temperatures are above
about 15 degrees F.  Below that temperature, it is a bit cool in the cabin.
I also place a strip of duct tape across the front side of the oil cooler
(as Duane Swing suggests).

Jack