REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:22:39 -0500

John,

I don't want to question your nose but I think you're smelling the spinning
nose wheel when it settles against the closed nose doors?  At least I've got
rub marks there and I smell it upon retract. I have no rub marks at all in
the main gear wells.  One wouldn't expect your brakes to be hot from a take
off and, besides, I'm not sure we'd ever smell burnt rubber/brakes from the
mains as the air flow will probably sweep it out behind us.  The nose knows
may not be true this time.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 11:10 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

Chuck,
Have you seen the info in VV vol 21, pg 12 about sealing the gear
openings?  I know a lot of air comes in from the mains because when I
retract right after takeoff, I smell the brakes.  The first time it
happened I thought something electircal was burning and I landed and
noticed the odor coming from the brakes.

John