REFLECTOR: Cabin Heating

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 20:20:45 EST

--part1_4d.3a3d9169.2d48686d_boundary

With the FG, cabin cooling is more of a problem than heating. The nose is so
tight that heat from the oil cooler body makes its way into the cabin and is
uncomfortable. I totally insulated the oil cooler with 1/2" foamand sealed it
with silicone and put in a cooling NACA.

Now I must admit that I have little experience in cold weather, but expect to
soon and will report out on that.

I am also going to install fences on my plane and will report on that
likewise.

Bob Wood
XL FG

--part1_4d.3a3d9169.2d48686d_boundary

=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">With the FG, cabin cooling is more=20=
of a problem than heating. The nose is so tight that heat from the oil coole=
r body makes its way into the cabin and is uncomfortable. I totally insulate=
d the oil cooler with 1/2" foamand sealed it with silicone and put in a cool=
ing NACA.<BR>
<BR>
Now I must admit that I have little experience in cold weather, but expect t=
o soon and will report out on that.<BR>
<BR>
I am also going to install fences on my plane and will report on that likewi=
se.<BR>
<BR>
Bob Wood<BR>
XL FG</FONT></HTML>