REFLECTOR:Vortilons versus VG's - Battle of the "V's"

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:13:42 -0500

Ronnie,

If they have the forecast correct, it should be "From the icy home of the
PANTHERS!!" today.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Ronnie Brown
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 7:49 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Vortilons versus VG's - Battle of the "V's"

THANKS Scott for your always insightful and enlightening contributions to
the Velocity community!!!!!

As I was finishing up my V, I decided that I really needed to add the lower
winglets to improve the handling after listening to the Reflector and
talking with the factory folks at the airshows and open houses.  Even Alan
Shaw finally conceded that the winglets shouldn't have been left off of the
long wings for the standard fuselage.  (He built my wings without the lower
winglets).

I would think the lower winglets are more important than the Vortilons due
to their size and the fact that they are stopping the "sliding" flow along
the wings.  I also added the VG's at the last minute after flying the
factory trainer, a 173 FG.

>From the snowy home of the PANTHERS!!!

Ronnie