REFLECTOR:HVLP spray gun

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:28:23 -0800

At 09:49 PM 1/25/04 -0600, Kufalk wrote:
>I went to my local Harbor Freight retail store today and saw a "High
>Volume Low Pressure Complete Spray Kit" for only $99.99.  They have
>another one listed on their website for only
>$69.99.
><http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44677>http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44677
>I'm not sure if it's the same one or not.
>
>I'm only going to paint one airplane with it and probably never use it
>again.  I'm not looking to get "show plane" results from it.  I would be
>happy with a decent paint job and that's all.  I may just use it for
>primer and have a professional do the finish coat after I've flown the plane.

I have one, and have been using it for about a year.  I brought in a pro to
do some repair work on my plane, he brought his own HVLP, and I asked about
mine.  He said that he'd know the difference, but that I
wouldn't.  Apparently the expensive ones ($500 and up) have a more even
coverage, and even less atomization, but it's only a smidge better.