REFLECTOR:Builder's Insurance

Jack Sheehan reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:58:44 -0500

I don't know guys the insurance from AAU does not seem to be as good
as folks were stating. My insurance with Falcon is $3200 for $150K
Hull but that is is "in motion". Yes it is high cost but compared to
what the folks with AAU are saying I have almost double the hull
value and in motion for not quite double the premium.
Still it is too high I don't think Falcon is a great buy but it is comparable.
As far as insurance goes I rationalize it this way- I pay about $1000
per year for an SUV worth about $20 K. Granted we all know driving is
much more dangerous than flying. But if my SUV were a hummer worth
$90K what would my insurance be. and oh yeah my SUV has a deductible
on it also.
No solutions just talking
Jack