REFLECTOR:Builder's Insurance

Jack Sheehan reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:28:51 -0500

Kurt,
I am currently with Falcon.
The standard Liability and medical with Hull coverage at $150 K
Pilot
Commercial Instrument MEL, SEL, Helicopter with 4000 hrs
$3200/year
The AAU quote was about $5000.
I would consider my airplane value about $200K so I have some degree
of self insurance. I have insured the hard dollar cost of the
equipment less some depreciation.
I would sure like to have it cheaper. Last year my policy had a $7000
deductible in that premium but that was eliminated. I had called to
ask if the deductible was still in force could I reduce the premium.
No such luck. The policy is determined by the EAA relationship with
Falcon. Which at least works to give us insurability.

Jack
N55XL