REFLECTOR:Ground/flight switch

Scott Baker reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 15:49:22 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C3DD11.79F35AC0

"In some larger airports these times start to add up over the course of =
a year ..."=20
Which is why the hour meter is connected to the gear.  Getting a "to the =
nearest tenth of an hour" total is good for scheduling your own =
preventative maintenance, but who wants to have their aircraft devalued =
at resale time when much of the total time is ground time (and not =
flight time)?
Scott B.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PVTPIL8@aol.com=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2004 9:09 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Ground/flight switch

  I use the Oil pressure switch. I found the most important thing to =
monitor was my engine time for services like oil etc.  I also give me =
the service time I have on the aircraft. With the gear switch you don't =
clock the time you TAXI or wait on ramps.  In some larger airports these =
times start to add up over the course of a year.
  Steve
  N787SB
  XL-RG
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C3DD11.79F35AC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>"In some larger airports these times start to add up over the =
course of a=20
year ..." </DIV>
<DIV>Which is why the hour meter is connected to the gear.&nbsp; Getting =
a "to=20
the nearest tenth of an hour" total is good for scheduling your own =
preventative=20
maintenance, but who wants to have their aircraft devalued at resale =
time when=20
much of the total time is ground time (and not flight time)?</DIV>
<DIV>Scott B.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DPVTPIL8@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:PVTPIL8@aol.com">PVTPIL8@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, January 17, =
2004 9:09=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: =
REFLECTOR:Ground/flight=20
  switch</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>I use the Oil pressure switch.&nbsp;I found the most important =
thing to=20
  monitor was my engine time for services like oil etc.&nbsp; I also =
give me the=20
  service time I have on the aircraft. With the gear switch you don't =
clock the=20
  time you TAXI or wait on ramps.&nbsp; In some larger airports these =
times=20
  start to add up over the course of a year.</DIV>
  <DIV>Steve</DIV>
  <DIV>N787SB</DIV>
  <DIV>XL-RG</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C3DD11.79F35AC0--