REFLECTOR:Nav Requirements

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:34:15 EST

-------------------------------1074285255

You can now use a GPS for the DME portion of an approach IF it is IFR
certafied. I saw a recent FAA blurb that said you can also use the GPS to identify
the OM on an IFR approach, as long as you have the VOR/ILS to shoot the
remainder of the approach.

Most of the NDB approaches that I am familiar with have a GPS overlay, or it
is in the works.

Kurt Winker
Albuquerque ARTCC.

-------------------------------1074285255

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>You can now use a GPS for the DME portion of an approach IF it is IFR c=
ertafied. I saw a recent FAA blurb that said you can also use the GPS to ide=
ntify the OM on an IFR approach, as long as you have the VOR/ILS to shoot th=
e remainder of the approach. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Most of the NDB approaches that I am familiar with have a GPS overlay,=20=
or it is in the works. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kurt Winker</DIV>
<DIV>Albuquerque ARTCC.</DIV></BODY></HTML>