REFLECTOR:NAV Requirements

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:37:57 EST

-------------------------------1074267477

In a message dated 1/16/2004 4:50:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jewen@comporium.net writes:
is a second VOR required if a IFR certified GPS is installed?
A second VOR is not required at all, only nice to have.  Don't get caught up
in what the "regs" call for, and what is traditionally in a IFR panel.  I'm in
my office and don't have the specific FAR to quote regarding what is
required, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with it.  Basically you need the
appropriate navigation equipment for the facilities being used.  VOR or LOC
approach; only 1 VOR, no G.S., no marker, and one COM.

-------------------------------1074267477

<HTML><HEAD>
<META charset=3DUTF-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charse=
t=3Dutf-8">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>
<DIV>In a message dated 1/16/2004 4:50:11 AM Pacific Standard Time, jewen@co=
mporium.net writes:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: blue=20=
2px solid"><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>is a second VOR required if a IFR cer=
tified GPS is installed?</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
<DIV>A second VOR is not required at all, only nice to have.&nbsp; Don't get=
 caught up in what the "regs" call for, and what is traditionally in a IFR p=
anel.&nbsp; I'm in my office and don't have the specific FAR to quote regard=
ing what is required, but I'm sure someone else will chime in with it.&nbsp;=
 Basically you need the appropriate navigation equipment for the facilities=20=
being used.&nbsp; VOR or LOC approach; only 1 VOR, no G.S., no marker, and o=
ne COM.</DIV></BODY></HTML>