REFLECTOR:Off Topic - Perhaps

Robin Ream reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:03:51 -0600

Well said Mr. Johnson.  Very well said indeed...   And I propose a toast to
Mr. Johnson's eloquence!

Robin

----- Original Message -----
From: <RJohn15183@aol.com>
To: <reflector@tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Off Topic - Perhaps

> > I encourage all of you to fire off a missile to CBS letting
> > them know that they are helping al Queda take away our
> > freedoms
>
> All you you who know me surely realize that I never use sarcasm or insult.
I am always the very picture of peaceful exchanges of ideas and never one
for the harsh word as it were. Strong and silent, thoughtful and respectful,
I simply know those are the first things people think when they hear my name
mentioned!

> So I dashed the following off to CBS early this morning putting forward
all my best qualities.

> Re: Your article on Aircraft Communities:
>
> When I see such well crafted and carefully thought out stories on CBS I am
reminded of polls showing that most Americans hold members of the news media
in lower esteem than they do used car salesmen.

> What amazes me is that in your own story you touched on the utter
ludicrousness of your own point and you never even seemed to realize it:

> "He says terrorists are well aware of these small insecure airports. "
>
> Yes, yes they are and they ignore them because terrorists, obviously being
smarter than CBS news correspondents and editors, know these little
airplanes are utterly worthless as instruments of terror. You could do far
more damage with any Chevy than a little Cessna ever could.

> On that note, after the first WTC bombing with a truck full of explosives
and then after the Oklahoma City truck bombing I did not see any segments on
your show about how insecure auto parking garages are. Why not?

> Why don't you go back though your transcript and replace the word
"airport" with "neighborhood" and replace "airplane" with "car" and read it
again. Sounds pretty stupid when you read it that way doesn't it?

> It's one thing to be ignorant but brother, that's not good enough for you
guys, you get on national TV and wave a big sign around yelling "LOOK! LOOK
OVER HERE! SEE HOW INCREDIBLY IGNORANT WE ARE! WE ARE CBS AND WOW-- MAN WE
SURE ARE STUPID!"

> Yes, sadly, you are. In fact, I am sure I have used way too many big words
here for you to grasp. So please ask your Mommy to read this note to you.

> Robert Johnson

> Now I am the first to admit that may not be the most constructive
criticism, however, these are New Yorkers! They simply do not understand
"polite". I am just trying to speak their own language to them.

> Besides, If they were not so dense that light bends as it travels around
them then they might have remembered that we fly STEALTH aircraft to boot!
We need to keep them distracted!