REFLECTOR:To Gas Strut or Not

Scott reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 03 Jan 2004 07:48:09 -0700

With everything else I'll have to do to get my plane airworthy again I'll
probably just replace with a new original type gas cartridge.

An interesting observation while taking the broken nose gear strut out.  It
appears that the strut may have been broken already!  It broke just above
where the pivot bolt goes through the horizontal pivot sleeve/gusset.  The
forward part of the tube looked like an old break, the rear ward part
looked like a new break. Hmm....

Scott